Week 5 - 3D Scanning, Rendering, Mesh for 3DP
- Artist of the Day
- Thoughts on NIS membership at this point?
- Configure Rhinoceros Zoo (carson center license for Rhino 6.0)
- (Update: is working on wired connection, still not working on eduroam for me)
- Discuss Tab and Slot
- Digitizing Objects
- 3D Scans in Rhino
- Rhino for 3DP
- Bonus: Meshmixer
- Office Hours this Week
- Two main techniques: photogrammetry and LIDAR
- LIDAR / 3d scanning (with laser)
3D Scans into Rhino
Importing a 3D Scan
- Create a new file in Rhino and import a 3d scan
- Find the bunny and scale to an appropriate size.
- Locate (Zoom eXtents), Rotate, Scale
- Simplify Mesh (MeshReduce) if necessary
Prepping for 3DP
- Add a base
- Add a label (text objects as solids)
- Is it a closed object?
- Save as STL.
Slicing for 3DP
- Download Prusa Slicer (DRIVERS & APPS)
- Load your STL file from the previous steps.
- Check scale, positioning.
- Select print parameters.
- Material. Slicing. Support.
- Add multiple objects to a build.
- Exercise 5 DUE Thursday September 30, 9pm
- Concept for Project 1. 2 paragraphs on Canvas.
- Wednesday afternoon 9/29 (after 1pm)